Buying a Home?
Hiring a buyer's agent can save you a lot of time and headaches. A buyer's agent knows what to look for in a home and help you avoid potential issues during the home buying process. It's important that the agent knows the local market, can help evaluate and securing the best financing for your situation, knows how put together and negotiate the many aspects of real estate contracts, and can monitor timelines in the contract.
It's also important for your buyer's agent to put you in touch with reputable inspectors, tradesman and an expert closing attorney.
The First Step for Home Buyers
Before you begin the process of buying a home, you will need to know how much home you can afford. Often, this comes down to how much of a home mortgage you can qualify for. The best thing to do is speak with a mortgage broker, bank, credit union, or home lender that specializes in working with home buyers. The pre-qualification process is pretty simple; home buyers are asked questions about their goals in buying a home, their individual finances including how much debt they have, what their income is, and about their job history. At the end of the interview, you will be provided with an estimate how much you, the home buyer can afford.
The best, first step is to determine how you are going to purchase the home you fall in love with. A mortgage professional will be able to guide you through these steps. They'll qualify your credit and income, and help you decide which loan program fits your situation the best.
Once you answer the questions below, I will reach out to you, and put you in touch with a great mortgage professional. I look forward to talking with you!
The Next Steps
|Decide on a location|
|Research north Georgia school districts|
|Which style of home?|
|Choose a real estate agent|
|Look at homes online or with your agent|
|Download your personal home buyers search app!|
|Schedule a time to view available properties|
|Make the offer|
|Conduct your inspections|
|Have the home appraised|
|Secure your mortgage|
|Coordinate the paperwork|
|Close on your purchase|
Gabe Fitzhugh, Buyer's Agent
Katey Fitzhugh loves helping home buyers purchase their new home, and she would love to help you! she'll guide you every step of the way from start to finish.
- Help or advice when deciding on a particular location
- Use his home buyers search tool, each listing will provide you with valuable information about it's particular neighborhood, including school information and school ratings
- Katey will recommend lenders. These lenders specialize in working with home buyers, and will get you pre-qualified for a mortgage. A very important step in being prepared to make an offer!
- Help searching for a home. Katey will schedule a phone call or an in-person meeting with you and help you find the perfect homes to view.
- When you find the home you love, Katey will help you negotiate your offer, provide you with assistance with all your home inspections, paperwork, timeline coordination, and with the closing for your new home.
Gabe was a great advocate for my wife and I as we listed, showed and sold our home. He is very knowledgeable with the real estate business and guided us throughout the entire process. He kept us informed each step of the way. He is prompt to answer all the calls, texts and emails we sent. I highly recommend Gabe,…
Gabe is an exceptional real estate professional. He helped us purchase the home of our dreams. He's patient and communicative, immediately and repeatedly following up on questions we had. He guided us through the process quickly and efficiently. He is thoroughly knowledgeable of the nuances of the current real estate market. The closing was timely and simple, going off without…